By Claudia Lebel
My Golden Doodle, Marty and Tibetan Terrier, Kooshi love these cookies. They get two every night after dinner and don’t rest until I give him their treat.
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven TO 350 DEGREES
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or wipe pan with shortening and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and flax seed. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combining honey, eggs, oil, water, applesauce and pumpkin puree until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Form into a disc and roll out on a well-floured surface until about ¼” thick. Sometimes it it is easier to roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a doggie bone cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until treats are very brown and very hard. Makes 3 dozen
- Let cool completely before giving them to your beautiful dog to try out. Store in an airtight container out-of-reach of your puppy.