Enterprise PowerShell Scripting Bootcamp (True PDF)
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787288285 | 238 Pages | True PDF | 3.07 MB
The quick start guide for an advanced enterprise PowerShell framework.
This book is for IT professionals and Windows administrators who would like to gain intensive, hands-on knowledge and skills on PowerShell without spending hours and hours in learning. If you have been struggling to find the time to gain proficiency and confidence with PowerShell and everyday scripting tasks
What You Will Learn:
- Create an advanced PowerShell scripting template that provides repeatable code to jumpstart all of your scripting projects
- Learn how to securely encrypt and store usernames, passwords, and other sensitive data in PowerShell scripts and answer files
- Understand how to optimize the performance of scripts to help process large datasets quickly and avoid time-consuming mistakes
- Develop a script to scan for non-standard Windows Server configurations and identify service accounts used on Windows Servers
- Gather a large list of data from a Windows server without locally or remotely logging in interactively
Enterprise PowerShell Scripting Bootcamp explains how to create your own repeatable PowerShell scripting framework. This framework contains script logging methodologies, answer file interactions, and string encryption and decryption strategies.
This book focuses on evaluating individual components to identify the system's function, role, and unique characteristics. To do this, you will leverage built-in CMDlets and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) to explore Windows services, Windows processes, Windows features, scheduled tasks, and disk statistics. You will also create custom functions to perform a deep search for specific strings in files and evaluate installed software through executable properties.
We will then discuss different scripting techniques to improve the efficiency of scripts. By leveraging several small changes to your code, you can increase the execution performance by over 130%.
By the end of this book, you will be able to tie all of the concepts together in a PowerShell-based Windows server scanning script. This discovery script will be able to scan a Windows server to identify a multitude of components.
Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction - Premium is support resumable